Winter scene

It was a cold morning and the river is not completely frozen generating the mist and frost. I was looking for ducks and bald eagles that hang around the open water and spotted this lovely scene. I was drawn to the mist and the morning light on the frost. Once the sun came out and the temperature warmed up a few degrees the frost on the trees disappeared.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome. This is cropped to 16x9 but I have 4x3 image with a more space in the top and bottom. However we start to get sky in the top and some distracting textures in the river.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/800, f/11, iso800 400m on full frame.

Uncropped version

I love the delicate, lacy texture of the hoarfrost Bryan, I’m glad that you were able to get this while it lasted. I think your crop makes perfect sense, eliminating distracting sky at the top. By composing the trees the way you did in the crop, you create the illusion that the uniformity of the trees extends much further outside the frame than it actually does. I also like the crop from the bottom, eliminating most of the blue color keeps my attention more focused on the trees/frost. I like this image very much as presented, well done.

I agree with @Ed_McGuirk on this one, Bryan. Very nice scene and the crop helps it feel more intimate. Nicely done.