Foggy Morning at the Laguna + RP

Thanks, @David_Haynes, @Ian_Cameron, @Cameron_Wilcox and @Steve_Kennedy. After a few minor tweaks I’m about ready to order a metal print. Debating on size for a couple of possible locations.

Diane,

I love everything about the version that is now posted first up top. I like the more square crop and the colors are more natural - at least for me. In fact the original version that is more yellow/orange looks more like what later/early suns have been looking like during very bad smoke days during the fires. The repost looks more like sun peering thru fog, than thru smoke. If that makes sense.

A beautiful scene and beautiful capture.

Lon

Thanks, @Lon_Overacker – I agree! The colors on the originals were too overdone. It was much easier to tame them in this second version just by setting the WB to Daylight, which it should have been on the raw captures but I had apparently set it a little differently, maybe on a Sync or something, without noticing.

The final rework is absolutely superb, from all standpoints! Fantastic mood in this image; it is as if exhaled a palpable feeling of peace and serenity into the viewer. The soft round ball of the sun and the muted golden halo are marvelous and I particularly enjoy looking at the soft lace of the trees in the background, in contrast to which the trees that are not shrouded in fog stand out all the more distinctly. How did the printing go?

Thank you, @LauraEmerson! A 30x30 metal print is now hanging on a prominent wall. I’m delighted with it and a friend saw it and asked me to have one done for him!

1 Like

Diane, I know I’m late to the party here, but I love all of these and don’t think you could go wrong with printing any of them. I love vibrant colors, but I do like the top one (rework?) the best because of the soft colors and the fog. I couldn’t possibly add anything to what everyone else has said, but I wanted to share my two cents that this is a lovely photo!

Fantastic!