Foodie

A Bee on a Chive Flower

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 1250, 100-400 at 400, f7.1, 1600th, handheld, A7R4, 40% of full frame

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

David, a nice look at this bee in search of food. Wonderful details in the bee, and nice lighting over all. For me, I would prefer not having the oof bloom in front unless I am using it to help frame my subject, but sometimes I don’t always have the chance to change my position and frame it the way I want, still have the lighting the way I want, and the subject still positioned right, so I am fine with that as well. Nice shot.

Great sharpness of detail on the bee, David - perfect dof all round. Just wonder about adding a little space to the R, but that’s not a big deal.

David, the details in the bee look great. Especially the lighting that lets the wings glisten.

Hi David, this is a nicely caught shot of the bee. Great detail on him, even enlarged; I always enjoy seeing how “furry” these guys are. Nice separation from the OOF background too; the OOF foreground doesn’t bother me much but cropping a bit from the bottom may have helped. Subjects are nicely positioned to the right of the frame too. Thanks for sharing!