What's the Buzz all about?

Bee on Cotoneaster

What technical feedback would you like if any? This is the first time I’ve tried this with this lens and camera combination. I’m pretty surprised that it will focus as close as it does. Seems pretty clean for iso-2500 and a moderate crop.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 2500, 100-400 plus 1.4 extender at 560 mm equivalent, A7R3, handheld at minimum focal length (around 18 inches), 50% full frame, sunny skies

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi David,
Really nice details and looks clean especially for ISO 2500. I like the pose especially the close eye contact. Nice frame.

David, that lens has a very good close focus, so lots of folks (including me) use it for close-up work routinely. The details in the bee stand out very well, especially it’s “fur”.

An excellent capture of this little bee, David. Wonderful details and color, especially, as Allen pointed out, at ISO 2500.