For a Few Mice More--Close-Ups

Description:

Clint Eastwood’s stare was a well known feature in many of the characters he played during his tenure as an actor in classic Spaghetti Western movies. Spoofing For a Few Dollars More, this close-up of a red-tailed hawk’s eye shows intensity, detail, and the stare.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D850 600mm f4 (1/500 sec at f11, ISO 800) Topaz DeNoise AI, Crop to 10x8, Brightness & Contrast. I removed about 70% from the crop to get this composition…Jim
Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

jameszablotny

2 Likes

Beautifully detailed, Jim. Right down to the tiny catchlight and the eyelash reflections! The mice stood no chance. How close did you get?

1 Like

@Mike_Friel , thank you. I was about 17 feet away and the D850 has just enough pixels for the tight crop. The hawk did not see me as a threat and it allowed me to pass without taking flight. …Jim

1 Like

Really powerful picture. It is hard to look away.

1 Like

Wow, what a stare. Jim this is excellent.

1 Like

Now that’s a close-up! Outstanding photo.

1 Like

Wow, Jim, when one can see the shadow of the eyelashes, you are in close. Great capture.

1 Like

The eyes have it! Wonderful job on the details and crop.

1 Like