Forest Reverie #2 +RP

And incorporating the suggestions below, except I see I didn’t make any noticeable difference witht he contrast that Bonnie suggested – I’ll tweak it again but won’t do another RP.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another from the eastern Sierra, taken two days before my previous post but in the same area. This one is two images blended together. It has a darker and more complex mood to me and B/W felt like the way to go from the start.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 12.05.48 PM

Little if anything done to either in LR. Blended in Hard Light mode in PS.

1 Like

Diane, this looks fantastic and has that ethereal forest quality. I like your blending technique and the black and white edit really draws out the tones. The dark tones anchor the image and the light on the main trees stand out. I also like how I can just barely see the details of the two main trees. The composition is nicely balanced too.

Only thing I would recommend correcting is the small sliver of black on the upper left edge. Otherwise, nice work on this one!

I love the combination of the movement and the still bits. The most striking part is the wrinkles in the bark of that central tree. I could see bringing that out a bit (increasing contrast and/or raising the lights) and maybe bringing down the lights at the top:

Thanks, @Alfredo_Mora and @Bonnie_Lampley – I have incorporated your suggestions and think it’s an improvement! Posted above.

1 Like