Freezing down here

Everything is frozen down here in our little corner of the world. Like @Bill_Fach, I’m not too much into 9degree weather. However did make for some great icescapes.

This is a frozen dried Coreopsis. I liked how they seem to be reaching, I fantasize, for spring.
Cropped, did luminosity masks and noise reduction.
Does it feel like an “icescape?”

Nikon D7200, f/8, 1/200, ISO 200 @100mm, handheld.

Linda, it emphasizes icy enough for me. It also has me thinking about microscopic images of fungi. The repeated, reaching shapes going out of focus work well. How ironic, yesterday was the first day in several weeks that it stayed above freezing around here …

Cool image in multiple ways. I really like how the DofF goes out in steps. Works really well for me. Well done.

Thank you @Mark_Seaver and @Harley_Goldman . Mark, can’t wait to see your “microscopic images of fungi.” A bit rushed here, we are having multiple power outages through out the day and night. Internet is lame at best. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Hi Linda, icy and bleak enough from my perspective. I’m amazed you’re able to identify it too. Nicely illustrates how resilient plants need to be in order to survive the added weight of ice on their tiny stems.

Thanks, Jim. I think all of us here in Texas are learning the lessons of being more resilient. Internet and electricity are back on (for now) . . water is still off. Thanks again.