Ice seen

Here’s a look through the ice at the fallen leaves a few inches below, with a few bubbles trapped in the ice. A 5 shot stack to get maximum detail in all of the ice. (5D3, 100-400 @ 243, 0.3 s, f/11, iso 200, tripod, polarizer & 2 s timer with mirror lockup)

Mark, I am sure enjoying your ice captures you have been posting lately. The texture of the ice, with the frozen bubbles over the fallen leaves sure makes for an interesting scene. I remember the WC for images that would make good puzzles, and this one would surely fit that category. I can’t think of a thing to improve it. :+1: :+1:

Fascinating photo, Mark. Great detail in the frozen ripples. The frozen bubbles almost look like coins to me. Reminded me of the song “Three coins in a fountain.” Really am enjoying your frozen series. Nicely done.

Mark: Marvelous abstract. You are really working on my viewpoints regarding cold weather :wink:. Beautifully done. >=))>

Wonderful surface textures superimposed on the leaf colors and shapes. Gorgeous!

@Bill_Fach, since I have yet to convince you of the value of ice, :laughing:, I guess I’ll have to keep posting ice pictures.

Great look at this ice patch and especially the bubbles. Maybe tone down the area on the lower edge? Not a biggie.