Through Thin Ice #12

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We had a hard freeze Thursday night so I spent much of Friday photographing the patterns in the ice on my pond. This is a nearly life size look as one section with interesting textures in the ice and a good collection of fallen leaves below, being nicely distorted by the ice.

Technical Details

R5, 180mm macro, 1/10 s, f/10, iso 800, tripod and polarizer. A 30 shot stack for edge to edge sharpness.

3 Likes

Mark, I just love your ice shots. Just when I think that they can’t get any better, you come out with another that seems to out do all previous shots of yours!. I sure can’t think of a thing that could improve this. Kudos to you for getting out there in the cold and accomplishing this wonderful shot. Eye candy for sure!

Beautiful image, Mark. I love the little bubble channels and the structure of the ice itself. The leaves add some really nice color to the image. Excellent work.

1 Like

One of your best ice shots. Magnificent! Remarkable colors.

This is another amazing Ice Shot Mark. 30 images stacked? You are incredibly patient. The details are stunning.

Wonderful geometric shapes, with stunning colors and textures!!

Mark: Your ice images are always spectacular and this is no exception. Love the lines and angle and of course for a color junkie like me this is nirvana. Many kudos! >=))>

So cool Mark! Really interesting colors and details throughout the whole image, and its in your backyard. Just awesome!

Nothing to say but WOW, Mark! I want to visit your pond. The fallen leaves below added great color variations, and the stress lines of the ice create such movement. Nice addition of the tiny air bubbles to add another layer of pattern/texture!

There’s nothing I can add to all the wows, other than this is truly magnificent Mark! I love the colors, lines, angles, sparkles, bubbles. Definitely a beautiful abstract, even if you have it in the macro section. I haven’t seen your other ice photos, but this would definitely be a winner in any competition.