Frilly Poppy

What technical feedback would you like if any? Comments welcomed.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Comments welcomed.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Taken with Canon SX60, 1/1000 sec. ISO 320

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Ooh, gorgeous! I love the two petals reaching back into the center.

Hi…
I’m curious what this is? A straight photograph?
Thank You

Hi Steven. Yes, a straight shot of a variety of poppy. Large crop and standard adjustments only.

Stunning. I appreciate the absence of black the flower images can have.
Thank You

This is really beautiful Patricia. I love the delicate muted pinkish colors of the petals, accented by the stronger yellow color in the center. The placement of the flower also makes for a very dynamic composition, and really holds the viewers attention.

I like the effect you used here very much, but it looks like you added grain or ran some other artistic filter/preset on the image. You said this is a straight photograph, if that is the case I would be very curious to know how you processed this. I like the effect a lot, I’m just wondering how you achieved this look with a straight photo, it looks more like a watercolor painting.

1 Like

Hi Patricia
Another gorgeous one!! Is this the “Illustrator” mode or some such on a Sony?

1 Like

Patricia: Love the color palette and the center especially. I love your poppy images and this one is no exception. Most excellent.>=))>