Frost Control

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Any pertinent technical details: Not sure where this fits. Overhead sprinklers are used to protect fruit (here apples) buds and blossoms from cold. If encased in ice theory is that the temperature will not get much colder than 32 f. Had record lows for 2 days this week. Probably did much damage to soft fruit crop. Dew points dropped very low.

Very striking image, Jim ! You’ve done a great job with the highlights - and I do hope the fruit is not too badly damaged.

Excellent, Jim. I am not sure where this one fits, either. If you want to move it to landscape, I am fine with that. Fascinating and beautiful ice sculpture.

Jim, those are impressive icicles. I was thinking ice storm (we’ve had rare ones that produced nearly this much ice) but your description makes it clear why there’s so much ice. I hope it worked for the orchard. It sure worked well for your photo.

Thanks, Mark. I have some others (a lot, as you might suspect) including some from a wider perspective. I think I’ll post another here.