Frost Under My Feet

There seems to be an obsession with cleaning up leaves almost as soon as they hit the ground here in town. I was happy to find these leaves on the ground behind some bushes in the local rose garden. I like the ruffled edges and graphic details in the main leaf.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

f8, 1/125 sec., ISO 800, 105mm

5 Likes

Great frostiness and texture, Chris. The muted colors add the the feeling of cold. Wonderful image.

I love the details and textures and the beautiful light! The green tones are wonderful too. Awesome work Chris!

Wonderful soft gentle feel to this, Chris. Very nicely seen and captured.

Beautiful!! The frost gave this such a wonderful look – tonally soft and detailed at the same time!

Very nice. Such a pastel green.

@David_Bostock @Ronald_Murphy @linda_mellor @Tom_Nevesely @Diane_Miller Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

Leaf litter is an important element for many insects and arthropods, on which are dependent many other animals, so I wish people would leave them alone a bit more than they do. What’s intriguing for me with this photo is the color. Here it is unusual for trees to shed lots of leaves while they’re still green. So the colors are appealing because of the newness. I also love the textures - still pliant and seemingly still alive. Not sure there’s anything to change with this one!

1 Like

@Kris_Smith I agree. I don’t know what kind of tree this is. It’s not native to Western Oregon, but is planted in the rose garden here.

I very much like this image. I like the different shades of green in the leafs. That adds contrast and make it’s an interesting photo. The frost is also a nice added touch. Nice job.

@Donna_Callais Thank you very much!

Ooooh, this is gorgeous! The subtle colors are beautiful. Same thing here with the leaves - into the green can they go. It would be so good for the soil if they could just be left to decay.

Not sure how accurate it is, with the “artistic filter”, but Picture This thinks it’s a Princess Tree, Paulowina tomentosa. It adds that it looks quite ill and probably needs watering.

If I saw this image Not on a photo site I would think it was an etching. Beautiful

1 Like

@Bonnie_Lampley @Steve_Rosendahl Thank you for your input.

Thanks for sharing this info. I think it does look like a Princess Tree. There were seed pods on the ground that look like those images.