Frosty morning

Image: Image from the middle of the city. Behind the back is a huge brick warehouse, but in front is almost wilderness

Description: Olympus E-M1 + 12-40 / 2,8

Specific Feedback Requested: All

3 Likes

This has a very wonderful feel to it. Nicely done. Trying not to think about the warehouse.

1 Like

I am also trying not to think of the warehouse, but I know some parks that are also like this - jammed right into human activity. The frost is truly wonderful here and I like the framing with the trees and the placement of the sun’s reflection.

1 Like

Jorma,
Even though this definitely says cold with the snow and frost; I find the image to be very inviting with the warmth of the sun coming in from the right side. Wonderful sunstar BTW. No suggestions from me.

1 Like

Hi Jorma,
this looks really beautiful. You framed the scene very nicely.
The sun and the mist are a good combination.

1 Like

Pleasing composition. I like the hint of warmth in an otherwise mostly cold feeling image.

1 Like

Jorma, This is an enchanting photo for sure. As others have commented, the contrast of the warm sun poking through the snowy scene is a very strong element. The diagonal from the lower left pulls my eyes into the lake with the mist rising. I can’t think of anything to improve.

1 Like

This is lovely! It has great atmosphere with the fog over the water, the coldness of the scene, and the beautiful warmth of the sunlight peeping through.

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys for the nice feedback. This was a nice place to shoot when you didn’t have to walk more than 10 meters from the car and the power is warm even in the coldest weather.