A magical morning

There are times when I just know I have to go somewhere to see what’s happening. I may have a good idea something special may be going on but, in the end, often follow my muse to the photograph. The morning of this heavy hoar frost was like that and the view from the hillside down into the river as it winds through North Branch Nature Center was stunning.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Any and all

Technical Details

Pentax K-7, 1/100, f/4.0, 100mm, ISO200 with adjustments to tone curves and slight cropping in LR; unfortunately the original of this is missing in action so this is a screen grab. :frowning: Part 2: I was embarrassed enough at posting a screen grab that I went back and finally located the original dng. Even though the focus is still soft—handheld, f/4.0 and an older camera—I think

it is an improvement.

3 Likes

yeah it is - sharper and better colors. I can see why you’d want to visit often. I’m a sucker for a river landscape.

The frost looks like it was beautiful. I like how the light on the river really makes it stand out, but it’s a very soft/quiet image (not speaking of focus).