Frozen Anna's

Image Description

Here’s a mid-flight freeze I got of a male anna’s near our feeder. Always fun, and challenging shooting these little imps.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I love trying to get captures of their great, ever changing iridescent feather colors in the early morning sunlight, and whether or not to either freeze their wing movement or have some motion blur on them. I like how it had a really dark BG to set it off here. Cropping?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/2500th, f 8.0, 465mm, ISO 5600, Photo AI, cropped to 1714 x 1393

Hi…wonderful colours. I personally like a little blurred wing action other wise they don’t look real.

Hi Dave, cropping looks fine to me. The wings are in a nice position with a fine hint of blur. The bright part of the neck feathers look a little hot to me. Always fun trying to catch these guys.