Full of color sunset in the Po delta

In the very large delta of the Italian biggest river there are many fishy lagoons similar to this one. Here you can see mussel crops litten by a beautiful sunset.

I am grateful for any comment and suggestion.

NO composite

D850, Nikkor 24-70mm at 24mm - 1/250, f/11, ISO 400.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Guiseppe, this is outstanding. The colors in the sky, reflecting on the water make for a nice peaceful evening. I like how the boats and all are left dark. Nicely done, sir.

I love this image. This looks so much like the sunrises at Baja. It would be so easy to push the colors here but this is perfect. The distribution of subjects is great but I really appreciate how the fg is handled so subtly. The hole in the sky is great because it also provides you with a foreground. I really can’t think of a thing I would change here.

I love the composition here, it creates a great feeling of depth and vastness, which is helped by the large amount of negative space in the immediate foreground. You really made very effective use of negative space in this composition. I also like that you kept the image dark overall, with the boats and pilings in near silhouette.

While I like the overall dark look, my suggestion would be to do some very slight dodging of the highlights in the water, but only in the immediate vicinity of the boats and pilings. I think this would help call more attention to their silhouette shapes. Here is a rework where I used a TK Lights 1 Luminosity Masks to gently dodge some of those highlights.

This is an absolutely gorgeous seascape Giuseppe. The cloud laden sky has some wonderful drama and I love the rendering of the water with the warm and cool tones along with those amazing reflections. I do like @Ed_McGuirk’s small tweak with the dodging as I think that elevates an already outstanding image another notch.

Thanks David Bostock, Igor Doncov, Ed M cGuirk, Ed Lowe for your comments and help.
Ed I have done it. You was right as always.

1 Like