Sunset on the dokyard

In the port of Rimini on the Adriatic cost is still in operation the old dockyard pictoresque and full of color. I liked its reflections in the water at sunset.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any advice is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

D850, Nikkor 24-70mm at 35mm - 1/50, f/11, ISO 100 - Most of the editing work was in Camera Raw

Good reflection image, great lines and color. You could even make a more abstract image within this one by cropping out the container and colorful cranes and going pano with just the squiggly portion. Not better, just different. Well seen and done.

I love the colors and distortion made by those squiggly lines. I might crop off the floating dock at the very top and have it all be reflections. I’m not sure that line of brown at the very top adds much to the composition. But, yes, the distortion gives this an otherworldly appearance which I like in addition to the image itself.

I’m really enjoying this as is; it has a great play of color and light. @Harley_Goldman’s crop to the squiggly lines is a cool idea that I wouldn’t have though of; I like that version too.

Interesting shot. the reflection is mesmerizing. Hope you don’t mind, I did a little re-work.

1 Like

Very cool abstract reflection, Giuseppe. I quite like the way the slight wave action as created all those squiggly lines in the water as I find it fascinating. I like my brother @Michael_Lowe’s slight crop from the top. Very nicely done.

Thanks to all for the interest for the photo and the comments. A very good advise to eliminate the brown base up side down and I have soon done it.
Harley Goldman can you clarify your suggestion? My poor English!