Trees and vineyards at sunset

We walked up and down on the hills around Rimini, my town in the Adriatic seaside. At sunset the rays of the sun had still the strength to design the fields.

Specific Feedback Requested

Too many things?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

D850, Nikkor 24-70mm at 70mm - 1/15, f/11, ISO 100 - Most of the work in Capture NX and luminosity masks in Photoshop

1 Like

There is an interesting illusion here. We seem to be looking towards the horizon but then the earth bends upward towards the sky and replaces the sky. Those lines in the fields cause the confusion. I’m wondering if I’m the only one to see things this way. It’s actually intriguing.

1 Like

Che bella foto! I love it. And no, there are not too many things. I especially love the diagonal that moves from lower right to upper left and the rows of vines at opposite angles. My only complaint is that the upper left is so much lighter than the lower right that my eye is drawn there rather than taking in the whole photo. My fix is to very slightly darken the upper left and lighten the lower right, like so:

1 Like

Giuseppe, this is absolutely fantastic, a real treat for the eyes. I’m usually a member of the “less is more” school of thought. But this for image “more is more”, because all the elements are interesting, and your composition has combined them in a very cohesive way. The hedgerow of trees really does a great job anchoring the scene, which helps a lot. You have done a great job of processing this too, the greens are lush and vibrant, but not over the top. Excellent work…

Igor Donkov. I am on holiday for ten days more. Back home I will post the same image with a bit a sky so we both will try to verify what you wrote.
Tony Siciliano. You are right I will do what you suggested.
Ed Mc Guilk. Thanks for your rewarded comment.

Oh, I don’t think there are too many things in the frame (with one exception). The blocks of shapes with different textures in each block are really interesting. And what gorgeous light. As Ed said, it’s a very cohesive composition.

The one thing that is “too much”, IMO, is that line of horizontal vegetation along the bottom. I don’t think you need that at all. I don’t see it as related to the scene of the farther fields. If you eliminated it, this would become almost an abstract of the landscape.

It is a great image, my only suggestion is to remove the grass line at the bottom (as already suggested by Bonnie). The green colors, the diagonal and the different textures of the fields are just wonderful.

Bonnie Lampley and Ola Jovall.
Yes, it works very well. I always look for a base in the landscape photos but this time

I too prefer without it. I was late to answer because I am on holidays and I don’t have Photoshop in my laptop so I had to look for Paint. An excellent tip thanks.

1 Like