Sunset in val d'orcia Tuscany

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I drived and shoot photos on the splendid hills of the val d’orcia from daw antil sunset that I waited in the place that I choose while driving.

Specific Feedback

There is a way to make disappear the bare tree on the right side? I’m not able to do it.

Technical Details

Z7ii, Nikkor 70-200 at 120 - f/11, ISO 100, 1/80s

2 Likes

Giuseppe, this is a wonderful country rolling hills scene. The golden light is perfect here… :sunglasses:

@Giuseppe_Guadagno, this image is lovely! The rolling hills, curves, variations in light — it feels so peaceful. I downloaded the image and used the remove tool (in the healing tool group) in Photoshop to take out the tree. It did a pretty decent job. I could probably have spent more time on it to make it perfect, but I’ll leave that to you. I’m posting the image here.

You might also tone down the very bright river (?) in the top left. It kept attracting my eye. Otherwise, beautiful image!

Very nice. The country is beautiful and the light is terrific.

I very much agree with the others; that light is special.

@Susanna_Euston’s example is a good one if you want to remove it. A second option would be just to tone it down so it didn’t stand out as much.

Paul these are the tipical hills of val d’orcia what makes the location famous. I am glad that you like the photo.

Susanna I have tried to work your excellent advices. The image is surly improved but I have to do more practice with the healing brushes. Thanks for your help Susanna

Thanks Don I am glad to read your compliments.

John your solution too is apt to solve the problem. I decided to clone the tree for practice with a subject not easy to clone at least for me. Thanks John your are always helpfull.

1 Like

You’re very welcome. @Giuseppe_Guadagno ! And someone also suggested toning down the tree. That is certainly an option. But removing it is “cleaner.” Beautiful image!