Inside the sun

Description:

In the fishing port of Rimini my town in Italy at sunset

Specific Feedback Requested:

Averything can be suggested

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
No

D850, Nikkor 24-120 at 24mm - 1/500, f/16, ISO 2500 (1/500 because there were seagulls flying)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Wonderful sky and reflections in water. The people are resting in the brightest spot and therefore easily noticed. The horizon may be very slightly tilted but I’m not sure. Nice work. It captures the simple pleasures of a warm evening.

Igor I am still an apprentice for landscape photos. I thougt that it was straight but it was’nt. Just a bit but enough for being noticed by your expert eyes. It seems not perfectily straight now too but only

because there was a bit of humidity in the horizon. I hope that now is ok.
Thanks Igor.

Great clouds, an interesting subject with the people on the dock, and the color and light in the water is wonderful. As Igor said, the people are positioned perfectly. This is a very dramatic image, well done on your part.

The dock looks level to me in the original. I think its the sky / water horizon line on the right that makes it seem like the horizon is tilted. This horizon is actually bowed in a shallow U shape, and is not a level line tilted. I think the center of the image is level, but there is some bowing near the edges. This might be some lens distortion, did you enable lens profile corrections when processing this?

My only other suggestion is that I think the vignetting in the two upper corners is a bit strong, and would back off that slightly.

Ed I tried. More light, lens prifile corretion and a bit of geometry. It seems better but I know it is’nt perfect.

I am not able to go further.