Full of Reflections

Description: There is a small stream near where I live that I make a point to visit every fall. The way the water moves and varying ways the tall hardwoods, branches and sky reflect are always enchanting. Add to that the need to stand in the shallow water and live is good.

Specific Feedback Requested: any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Sony 6000 at 3200, 1/320 and f9.0

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) No, it is a single image.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. #ig

stilllearningtosee

Love the colors, John. The energy and movement, along with with abstract feel, all add up to a wonderfully fun capture. Nicely done.

Great colors and I love the little patterns made by the thin branches. I can relate to the pleasure of standing in a cool stream photographing reflections!

Superb abstract and color

Thank you, Bonnie. Yes, even on a cold Fall day, it is a delight to really “get into” photographs! One of the magical things about this spot is the way the water moves and those thin branches show it well.

Many thanks, David. Glad you enjoyed it. Sharing photos with others and having them enjoy them is a big part of what keeps me going.

Thank you, Linda. In the “old days” of film, a trip to this stream was costly! I often left with 5-10 rolls of 36. Digital makes life simpler and I can quickly learn so much more. Moving even an inch or two left or right makes a big difference in what I see through the viewfinder.

John, you’ve got an excellent collection of reflections here. I thoroughly enjoy getting into the water and shooting reflections. That’s why I own a pair of Neos overshoes.

Thank you, Mark. I’d not seen the Neos shoes. I use an LLBean that clips over any show and provided incredible traction even on slippery rocks.