Garden Party II

Captured a few hours after the previously posted “Garden Party”. Same coastal area, but different access off South Beach road, Point Reyes National Seashore. Another image from our little get together. Diane off chasing the Tule Elk while I stuck around with the grasses and iceplant.

These are much like complicated and chaotic forests, IMHO. So much going on, how can one condense the chaos in to a compelling scene? I’m trying anyway.

Specific Feedback Requested

Admittedly, this one doesn’t have a strong anchor and I’m wondering if that’s an issue here. Lot’s of variety of plants and colors - which is what is attracting me to these little scenes. but is there enough to hold ones interest?

Any and all feedback welcome; from processing to content, composition. Really curious on your feedback with this one.

Technical Details

Nikon D800E, 28-300 @72mm, f/14 1/80th iso 800, 3 image focus stack.
Topaz DeNoise AI really is amazing in producing sharp details without being crunch!

2 Likes

This is definitely better than the previous one. The colors are the right intensity. The composition is more interesting. Those bushes really have a personality. They make this image. They’re so, so 3 dimensional, so real. And the grass lines in which they’re hiding. Wonderful combination. You’ve made something out of nothing. I mean who would have created an image out of this. Actually, to have so many keepers from a one day shoot is remarkable.

1 Like

It may not have a strong anchor, but the composition keeps our eye moving and in the frame at the same time. I find myself looking around the edges of the frame, at the grasses, then moving to the center, to the colorful ice plant, then back again. Well done.

2 Likes

I see a subtle structure with the ice plants coming from the LRC “pointing” toward the center diagonally, surrounded by the other plants. And nice contrast between the reds and different shades of greens. I like it.

I think this is a very pleasing image with its colors and texture. I have the same thinking as Bonnie.

I like how the grass frames the scene Lon. The overall color scheme is also very pleasing.

Thank you @Igor_Doncov , @Bonnie_Lampley , @DeanRoyer , @Ola_Jovall and @Eva_McDermott . Appreciate the comments very much!

Well, I guess someone did. Me. It’s actually these simple scenes of nothing that I get the most satisfaction from and seek out the most when I’m out in nature.