Garden Thrush

Despite being so common, a Robin is an attractive bird. At least it is to me. Most avian photographers don’t seem to post pictures of Robins but yet they will post a Varied Thrush which is a little less common. In fact I saw one today but as luck would have it, I didn’t have my camera.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

ISO 800, 200-600 at 600 mm, F9, 1000th, 50% of full frame, Sony A1.

1 Like

Shortly after its bath? The head looks wet and the feathers are fluffed a bit. They do love a bath. I really like the perch it chose and, as usual, your image quality is superb. A very fine image.

I love Robins, David and you have presented a beautiful specimen, well-photographed. We take them too much for granted, I think. In fact, I was just preparing to post a juvenile I shot a few days ago, but I’ll wait a bit since you posted this. Nicely done.

I love Robins too, but we don’t see them that often here in North Carolina, so when they do show up I’m grabbing my camera. Wonderful detail in the feathers, David.

Hi David, I grew up in Seattle with dozens of Robins in our backyard every year, so they hold a special place for me. This is a terrific image of one. Well done.