Juvenile Robin

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is a juvenile Robin. At first, I thought it might be a flicker because of the chest plumage but then I realized that some of the thrush species look like this. And there were several Robbins hanging out in the same location. I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen a juvenile Robin at this stage in plumage development, hence some of my initial confusion.

Technical Details

ISO 5000, 200-600+1.4 X, F9, 2000th, fill flash, minimal cropping, Sony a 1

1 Like

Nice, David. I don’t think I have seen a juvenile Robin before, so I’m enjoying it. Nice details in her feathers, and catching her in mid step with her head turned slightly toward you are added bonuses.

I love everything about this. They’re so funny at that age. I know we have some around, but haven’t spied any yet. Probably sulking since the rents have a second brood going. This is wonderfully speckle-y and sharp…the step is great, too. That little head turn just makes it. Terrific.

I think the juveniles with their spotted breasts are very eye-catching. I like you caught it n mid dance step with its head turned toward the audience. Nice shot.