Geese Blastoff in the Fog

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any that you have.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any that you have.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
This is another image from Bosque Del Apache on that wonderful foggy morning. First time I’ve had the chance to photograph a blastoff in the fog. Pretty cool, always chaotic. I was happy to see this one with the central goose on the lower part of the frame unobstructed by others and a full wing spread. Always a fun experience to witness and hear the sounds.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Oh wow, this is wonderful and I just love the feel of this image. No nits from me.

Great work, Keith. One of the images I have in mind to make someday, should the occasion arise. I love the muted light and the action in the frame. Well seen and executed :slight_smile: ! Congrats, Hans

I like the layered effect of the birds as they come out of the fog. The cranes in the background give some nice context.

Wonderful photo Keith! I was just there for three days and tried to find a lift off. There was one little one (they flew in and left shortly after) just north of the flight deck, but it was on the far shore so the birds are quite small in my photo. Nothing at the crane pools. I’ve only tried bird photography this year and last year at Bosque, and not sure I have the patience!

Another wonderful fog image, Keith. It made for a very unique blast-off shot and helped isolate the foreground birds much more than a normal blast-off shot.

Keith, a very fresh perspective on the “blast off”. The DoF gives a real perspective into the action. The more static foreground anchors the action, which is great with the fog. Love it!

What a great unique capture of the blast off. How your autofocus got a lock is amazing. The foreground geese are spot on. Really nice.