Ginger Snap

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 200, 1/3 @ f22
Hidden Ginger, Mercer Arboretum
I posted a similar image in the Weekly Challenge but thought this frame was a better depiction of these large flowers. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Bill, I like this one even better. The angle on this one helps me to enjoy the flowers even better. It is an amazing plant.

This is beautiful Bill, it has such a luminous quality to it. Did you use a reflector to achieve this look, or was this all natural light? Either way, it is gorgeous, the colors are amazing. The composition looks good, I like the way you arranged all the leaves as framing elements here, they do the job without being intrusive. Everything about this looks great, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Ed: Thanks for the comment regarding the light. This was actually mostly backlit with enough light from the open sky behind me illuminating the blooms. >=))>

Bill,
This is absolutely gorgeous. This looks to be tack sharp and I love the array of colors on these two beauties. The natural lighting has done a masterful job of showcasing all of the details in this intimate scene. I also like the framing with the BG leaves, No suggestions from me.