Glistening like Coral #2

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, 18-55 @ 37, 1/320 @ f5.6, ISO 200

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

When I shot this japonica bush some years ago it was the loveliest I had ever seen it. Not, however, easy to photograph for a decent composition. This is a substantial crop with, I hope, a respectable enough result !

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ian: I can see how this would be hard to crop but I think you chose well. My only significant suggestion would be to make the OOF bud and stem in the upper right center go away. For some reason it catches my eye more than the partial bud on the left edge and the one barely in the frame on the right. I did some quick and dirty CA/cloning for your consideration. Still, one thing I really like about your comp is the various stages of the blooms. :+1: :+1:>=))>

I think that’s a nice change, Bill - it gives the drooping flower more prominence. Thank you !

That’s another lovely Camellia image, Ian. I love the colors and the general composition. Bill’s edit really looks like an improvement to me as that partially out of focus bud in the middle was something of a distraction. Well done.

Beautiful lights and colors on the flowers and the leaves. The second version is a significant improvement. An excellent photo for me Ian.

Striking colors combine as a feast for the eyes. Love the blue sky and brightness of the image.