Glistening like Coral

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 90, 1/80 @ f7.1, ISO 500

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

The title is a reference to a poem by the second WW poet, Henry Reed. Evoking the boredom of a training camp session naming the parts of a rifle he writes ` japonica glistens like coral in all of the neighbouring gardens and today we have naming of parts. Today we have naming of parts. ’ I always think of it when I see the Spring camellia japonica, and especially in our current circumstances.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

A very nice capture of this lovely camellia bloom and buds. Love the composition.

Really nice, Ian. I like the inclusion of the buds.

Ian: A really pristine bloom complemented so well by the buds. A hope inspiring image. :+1: :+1:>=))>

An interesting quote, Ian. I’ll have to look Henry Reed up. An absolutely stunning image. Your depth of field is just perfect with the entire flower is beautiful focus and softening nicely at the rear.

All is beautiful in the camellia world: flower, buds, leaves and you have capture them all in an excellent way.

Ian, Beautiful capture. The flower, leaves, color and buds look clean and natural.
Wayne

Ian
Gorgeous color and depth of field. I like the way the flower is balanced in the frame by the two buds.

Clean, pleasing presentation of the beautiful camellia and the two buds. Well done.