Rear View

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 200, 1/2000 @ f5.6, ISO 400

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

A lone blue anemone shot into the morning sun.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Beautiful colors, great perspective and I love the bokeh effect you’ve gotten in the background. Wonderful image Ian. Thanks for bring a little sunshine into my day.

Ian: You are a master at handling this kind of dappled light. Marvelous POV and a fine result. >=))>

Hello Ian. Hey you’re going down my favorite path of backlit subjects. You did a very good job here in some tricky light. Did you do anything to shield the lens? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks @MichaelPower for your kind comment. I didn’t use a CPL or lens hood ( I doubt the CPL would work face on to the sun in any case ); I quite like the effects you can get without either,

Ian, backlit flowers are my passion and you have done a splendid work here. I love transparencies and the contrasting colors that is your trademark.

Ian,

Great find of the lone flower popping up seemingly out of the middle of nowhere. The light and oof background (and foreground elements) are handled quite beautifully.

No one has mentioned, but I’m noticing some green fringing around the pedals? Is that natural, or is it some chromatic aberrations? And while the overall softness is very effective and actually pretty lovely, I’m kinda wishing for some element to be sharp; the stem, the center of the flower?
I guess I’m getting a little picky.

Lon

Ian, this a very nice backlit image of this beautiful flower. Love the color of it. It does seem to be popping up out of nowhere. Great oof background. Lighting managed very well.