Blue Anemones

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 144, 1/250 @ f6.3, ISO 400

A patch of blue anemones in a local garden, shot into the sun

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Weird, Ian. I could have sworn I’d already commented on this image a couple of days ago. A lovely composition, with a nicely chosen depth of field. I think it captures the essence of “wind flower”.

Dennis - thanks for the comment. It is actually another image of the same scene but with a slightly different focal point.

What a beauty Ian! A dreamy image with splendid color contrasts, your trademark. Splendid.

Oh, well done Ian! The passive hues of the dark anemone are well set against the light green hues.I’m ambivalent with the light lavender in the upper and lower left.

1 Like

Ian: Wonderful wistful Spring image. Nice isolation on the main subject. :+1::+1:>=))>

Another beauty!
The tiniest of tiny nits - that small dark triangle in the lower right corner can go. :wink:
Gorgeous!
Sandy

Ian, I too had to look twice before I noted the differences between this view and your WC post. :grin: This is another neat view with it’s focus on the flower at the left moving subtly and all the movement in the background. You’ve got a fine mix of enough clarity to recognize the flowers and movement showing a decent breeze.

Ian

I just love dreamy shots like this! What a great capture. This is the kind of photo you can just gaze at. My only nit would be to darken the lower left corner where the lighter purple is - just a bit. I don’t have a problem with the upper left .