Blue Anemone

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 161, 1/400 @ f6.3, ISO 400

One blue anemone out of many that flower each Spring in a local garden.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is very nice, I like a lot the contrast of colors between the flowers and the background, and the natural look of the image. I also like a lot the OOF fellow flowers all around the main subject. Very well pictured!

Ian,

The subject flower is very well done. However, I am distracted by the flower behind it. My suggestion is the have it way out of focus or try another angle to have a less distracting background.

Don

I really like your depth of field and the composition, Ian. You chose an excellent angle and background for this image.

Ian: Almost a cram look. I love your DOF/POF choice and the BG. Many kudos.>=))>

Ian, your choice of dof and pof/pov are excellent. The OOF flowers almost give one a sense of vertigo. Very original!