Blue Anemone

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, Tamron 55-200 @ 100, 1/100 @ f5.6, ISO 400

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Perhaps my favourite of the Spring flowers - it seems open to many different kinds of shot.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

What a wonderful composition, Ian, with the background and foreground in such a soft DOF. I also like the position of the anemone just a bit off center. Along with the detail in the center of the flower. Very nice capture.

Ian: Dynamic comp with the implied motion in the BG and great selective focus. A tip o’ the :billed_cap: to you sir. >=))>

The swirls in the background foliage gives the impression of being wind blown. And the sharp focus of the anemone makes it stand out nicely. No nits here. Very nice presentation.

Hi Ian,

Composition is spot on and the details in the flower catches the eye. The BG is very interesting as well. I like the color patches and streaks of color radiating from the lower LH corner are a nice feature as well. Awesome…Jim

Such a beautiful image, Ian. Love the colors, and the way that LH corner has the streaks pointing to the subject. Great shot. :+1: :+1:

Ian,

So much to love and enjoy about this image. Colors are beautiful to start. The square frame and composition are wonderful too and I especially like how the flower is curved and leaning in to the frame (and important there is plenty of space in front.)

Then you’ve got the streaks and what appears to be a larger flower up front well out of focus or course.

Everything just adds up to a beautiful image.

Lon

Ian, your beautiful typical colors and a splendid background. Excellent composition too. I love the photo.