Ipheion

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 161, 1/500 @ f 6.3, ISO 400

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Spring flowers as our winter continues very mild. This is a shot from a year ago - one of a small array of flowers that surround a tree trunk in a local garden.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ian: A lovely flower and a wonderful presentation.Excellent DOF choice IMO and I like the OOF blooms in the BG. Top notch shot :+1: :+1:>=))>

Ian, this is a beautiful flower and captured nicely. I like the curve of the stem, and the placement of the bloom. The white flowers in the background are nicely out of focus, but I feel like it is more of the same blooms, giving me the feel that there are many like this one. The square frame works well. Nicely lighting, and you managed the whites very well.

Ian,
You handled the lighting and the whites very well in this intimate scene and the sharp area of focus; center of the flower; is right where it needs to be. The square crop also works well.

Hi Ian,

The limited DOF works very well and my eye is immediately pulled to the sharp center of the flower. The BG is very nice and whites are exposed perfectly. It is 10 degrees F here and like you, wishing for Spring. Well done…Jim

I can image the forest floor with a mass of these dainty spring flowers. In addition to the single bloom’s beauty, the surrounding ones tell the story of spring. Well done.

1 Like

Lovely shot, Ian. My initial impression was that the BG whites were a little distracting, but upon further reflection, I changed my mind. They give the scene context. I can imagine a field of lovely spring flowers.