Ipheion

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, Tamron 55-200 @ 171, 1/80 @ f6.3, ISO 400

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

We are rapidly approaching lockdown here and the only consolation seems to be that open spaces remain available. Got out the other day to shoot the tiny ipheions that just about reach out from among the grass, but alas there were very few this year. This the best image I could get. Added some partial vignetting.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

This is beautiful. The dof is perfect - the background is soft and lovely, while the flower is nice and sharp. The light is wonderful. I especially like the subtle tones of the petals and the angle you used. Gives a nice sense of depth.

1 Like

Ian: What Bonnie said! Wonderful subject superbly captured. >=))>

… and it is a splendid image, I like the creamy feeling and the smooth transition from the background to the flower… Very relaxing and intimate, at least for me…

Great subject, background and sharpness of the flower. The lack of texture in the bloom almost makes it look like silk. Very pleasing to view.

Ian
Lovely Image. The BG really sets it off. I would not change a thing.

Best
Kathy

Ian, this is a beauty. The simplicity of the flower and it’s sharpness make it special. (The pale blue color and clean petals remind me of a wildflower called Quaker Ladies or Bluets that will show up around here in another few weeks.)

Ian,

This is quite beautiful. A great and classic example of isolating a subject against an oof background. Beautifully executed.

Wouldn’t change a thing - can’t think of any nits or suggestions.

Lon

What a gorgeous little flower, Ian. I love the lighting and image quality of the flower and the background is awesome. Very well done.