Star Ballet + rp

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 181, 1/500 @ f5, ISO 400

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

A shot from a year ago of a lone ipheion. I caught this one with its petals arranged by the wind.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Beautiful image Ian! I really like the overall composition and subtle hues in the petals along with the OOF background. My two thoughts would be to clone out the intruding flower in the bottom left corner. I am guessing that a another iphelion is in the center background (white halo)? I wonder about changing the composition so that flower is not directly behind your subject iphelion? Lovely image as is though!

Thank you @Keith_Flood for the kind comments and suggestions. Have removed the lower trace of another flower, which in the end I think does indeed look better. Not sure a different angle ( to avoid the distant ipheion ) would have allowed the angle on the main flower I wanted. I also quite like the halo effect.

1 Like

I do really like your repost and can also see how the halo does add a bit more interest and intrigue to the image. Well done!

Ian: :+1: :+1: on the repost and I agree with you regarding the halo. Simple image superbly done.>=))>

Ian, this is lovely and inviting. There’s a nice sense of artistry with the halo and the grain. Removing the 2nd flower works very well.

Ian,

Repost works beautifully. Yeah, that LLC was a bit of a distraction. Much better now.

I too think the haloing effect with the bg flower is quite effective and enhances the image.

Sometimes, the success of an image doesn’t need to rely on sharp details. Lacking any of the sharp details, one gets to focus and enjoy color, shape, form, etc. You’ve presented this well in that regard.

Lon

Ian I love the petals running away towards the four angles and the background with a light behind the flower. Excellent.