A Fallen Star

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 200, 1/250 @ f5.6, ISO 400,

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

The tiny ipheion or star flower sometimes struggles to shine among the grasses which surround it; from time to time you get a clear view.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Another wonderful shot of this little beauty, Ian. How small is it? I love the depth of field and the background in this image.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the kind comment, @Dennis_Plank. I would say the flowers are about 3cm right across - it is quite low lying on a short stem, a bit like a wood anemone only with smaller flowers.

Ian: Really good lighting (seems like I say that with all your shots) and I especially like the BG. Another superbly composed and captured image. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Ian, this is a lovely look at this beauty lurking down in the grass. Nice job with the oof grass adding to the sense of a hidden beauty.

Very delicate Ian. Beautiful bokeh to isolate the flower. JT

Very nice position in the frame and the background grasses seem to be rays of lighter green that accentuate the star quality of the flower. Lovely.