All that Glistens

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, 100mm, 1/25 @ f9, ISO 400

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

I always think the petals of the ranunculus ( such a showy flower ! ) have the appearance of gold leaf. A shot from a few years ago.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Hi Ian,

This flower reminds me of a yellow peony. The soft lighting is very nice and like how it is concentrated on the central part of the flower. The dark BG suits this type of image too. Well done…Jim

Beautiful Ian. No nits from me. Very well done!

Ian: Gold leaf indeed. Marvelous lighting and a wonderful portrait. >=))>

This image is stunning! I love the bright yellow against the black background. The petals appear sharp all around except in the very back which is great. Thanks for mentioning your lens. I would have shot the stem in focus as well and combined the images. This is one of my favorite flowers. This photo is perfect to show off the color and shape of the ranunculus.

This is a beautiful image. While the color and sharpness are great, the winner for me is the quality of light. It is just fantastic from front to back with just the right balance between highlights and shadows. Very nice!

Love the lighting! Outstanding work…

Gorgeous light on this, Ian, and superb detail and composition. I particularly like the small petal half hiding the flower center. A beautiful image.

Beautiful photograph. /The curves and overlapping petals with the center peeking through gives it interest and beauty. Thanks for posting it.

This is fantastic, Ian. The lighting is superb and brings out the lushness of the yellow petals beautifully. Great call on using a black BG; perfect for showcasing this lovely flower. No suggestions from me.

Ian
This is beautiful. A perfect flower and photograph!