Making Way

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 114, 1/200 @ f9, ISO 1000.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

A fresh rudbeckia pushing its way among the petals of one in full bloom. I can’t recall why the ISO was so high - I guess it must have been a pretty dark backdrop.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ian: Aptly titled and superbly captured. Love the comp and subject with the water drops being a nice bonus. Most excellent.>=))>

The centers of both flowers have very sharp details, the positions are also unusual and pleasing to view. Only suggestion would be to eliminate the blue hue in the bottom right leaf. Excellent image.

Ian, this is a lovely look at these two rubeckia blooms. Having both of them nicely captures the blooming process. The water drops are a fine, subtle bonus.

Ian, what a lovely bloom and bud, grouped together so nicely. I also noticed the blue, and see that it was also mentioned by Patricia. It is a fine shot, even with the blue.

A beautiful image, Ian. I love the composition and the title. I agree that the blue is a discordant element that you might want to remove.