Glencoe Sunrise

My very first time ever on the West of Scotland in May this year saw some very beautiful light.
When I left my B+B there was thick fog and as it cleared it produced this amazing scene that I was so fortunate to experience.
As the fog lifted and this magnificent peak came into view it seemed to be mirroring the emotions that I was feeling. A joyous, optimistic peace at being in nature after a long pandemic lockdown time. How the light resonated with my soul after such a dark time.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything and everything please would be very welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D750 f11. 1/4sec. iso100

@philiptrafalgar
1 Like

Nice one Philip, makes me want to climb that mountain! If I may, I would crop it a bit so that the summit is more towards the third of the image. I would work the clouds a bit to make them more “moody” or dramatic: Increase the contrast/clarity a bit, and make the red/yellow colors more saturated.

1 Like

Thank you so much Lorenzo. I will have another play with it.

My two cents are depending on what you want to say with the image you might consider more contrast/saturation for a more dramatic feel or possibly the opposite for a more calm/airy feel. Regardless, I like the composition.

1 Like

Hi Dean,

No. I definitely didn’t want to go down the more saturated route. That wasn’t the feel I was after. After months of lockdown heaviness stuck at home it was so liberating to be able to get out. I took an 8 hour drive to get to this spot and on arrival there was thick fog. As it lifted there was so much clarity around the peak which filled my soul with a lightness of being. A perfect metaphor for the time.

What an inspiring scene. It must have been so liberating after the lockdown. Another option would have been to center the mountain by cropping from the top. But I like it as it is. Glad you got to experience this.

1 Like

Thank you Igor. That’s very kind of you.

Hi Philip! I love it just the way it is. The light is hitting the mountain perfectly and the way the clouds are lifting from the mountain and starting to show the sky above is good that you gave enough room above for the clouds to rise and move up into. I wouldn’t change a thing.

1 Like

Thanks so much Vanessa for your feedback. I’m really glad you enjoyed it. I certainly enjoyed being there. So far the experience has been one of the best of 2021.

1 Like

I’m glad you got to go to such a beautiful place! Hope you were able to hike in all that beauty as well! Stay safe.

1 Like