Glowing

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Every now and then it all comes together just right; I crested a dune just in enough time to witness this breathtaking symphony of light, shadows, color, patterns and textures unfold.

The setting sun creating amazing contrast, highlighting the bare branches and lone bush, the shadows bringing out he patterns and textures in the dunes.

Seconds later, this scene was no longer there.

Specific Feedback

All feedback welcomed.

Technical Details

Z7II, 1/120 sec, f/14, ISO 160, 94mm (24-200mm Nikor)

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Just love when serendipity strikes! The play of the shadows and highlights, and the glow on the one green bush are great. My only wish is that the long shadow cast by that shrub hadn’t extended into the light area on the center right. Super timing!

Captivating!
I’s suggest cloning out that (to me) distracting shadow…
Really nice catch!

Fritz, the light/dark interplay works very well here with the shrub as the focal point. I especially like the ripples in the foreground sand, the spot light on the shrub and how long of a shadow that small shrub throws.

@Mark_Seaver @Denise_Dethlefsen @SandyR-B , thank you all for taking the time to comment. I got a chuckle on the opposing views regarding the long shrub shadow. I myself struggled with whether to keep it, and tried a version with cloning it out. In the end I went back to the original version, with the shadow, as that , to me, is an integral part of the image’s “story-telling”; it shows just how low the sun actually was. It also ties in nicely with the much more subtle shadows of the wispy shadows of the much smaller shrubs/branches further up the image. Personal preference, I guess. :slight_smile: Thank you all again for your feedback!