Golden-crowned Sparrow juvenile

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Canon R5, EF 600 f/4 + 2X, f/11, ISO 2500, 1/250 sec, a small boost in light with flash. The last few days I’ve been shooting birds in a redwood tree that’s on a hillside and the only view into it is from the uphill side, which gives me a nice angle into the lower branches but it’s the shady side. This little one chose the best branch on the tree, sat still long enough for me to acquire focus and gave me several poses. Very minor tonal adjustments in LR. Cropped to 65% of the original frame. Topaz DeNoise AI has become the first step in PS, but barely visible at this size. Removed an OOF branch in the BG and did some cleanup on both ends of the branch.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Such a nice capture, Diane. I love the diagonal perch, the nice head turn, and that background. Wonderful details in the cute little sparrow, with a nice head turn for a pose. I sure can’t think of anything that would improve on this. :+1: :+1:

Looks good. The pose and lighting are spot on. I like this as presented…Jim

Agree with previous comments. Nice head turn and excellent detail

Nice shot Diane. I especially like all the fine detail. You and others are making good use of the high megapixels, doublers, high ISO’s, low ss and software. And flash. Good for you.