Golden crowned sparrow

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-3200, 400+1.4 X, F6.3, 1000th, A7r4, tripod, fill flash at two

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Your flash work is really good, would not know if you had not told us.
I like it all, perch , BG and details and exposure are good.
I am a head angle stickler, I only wish for a better one…

A really nice pose and perch. I especially like how the bird is highlighted against the darker green bg. Well done.

Hi David
Your are doing good work with that flash. The Sparrow really pop out from the background, the head and eye detail are vary nice.
Peter

Good work with the flash, the sparrow stands out nicely from the background. I like the moss and lichen on the perch.

Nicely done, David. Good flash work and fine detail. I haven’t seen any golden-crowns here yet. Seems like an odd winter bird-wise thus far.

I like this very much. Nice tonal balance. You indicated fill flash at two. Really? Did you mean -2 on the flash. +2 seems like it would have created some pretty harsh flash.