Golden Crowned Sparrow

Possibly a juvenile or winter colors. Photo was taken last week. It is a fairly large crop and some white washing was removed from stump.
5DMK$, 700mm, f/6.3, 1/1000, ISO 400

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

This is very nice. I like the pose and the detail is good. I also like the perch and the pleasing complementary colors of the background. Well done.
P.S. At the risk of once again being wrong on a sparrow id, I’d lean towards this being a juvenile White-crowned sparrow. See what others think.

Excellent pose, detailing the plumage, and interesting perch. I like the comp. Background goes very well with the colors on the birds head. I’m in agreement with Allen with respect to the ID. I’m not sure where you live but around here in the Pacific Northwest the golden crown is very distinctive and this does not appear to show what I am accustomed to seeing. The side of the feathers was also exhibiting some reddish tone which also doesn’t follow the Golden crowned sparrow.

Thanks to you both @Allen_Brooks, @David_Schoen. This means a fairly major shift in my LR catalog. I’ll double check the next one I post for sure. I am pretty sure i live straight north of you and just across the border in BC.

Hi David
I like the camera Id$. As for the photograph, The head turn bring the view back in the frame and the color and detail are great for a large crop. Nice work.
Peter

Thanks @peter and isn’t that the truth about the $ sign. Typo’s are revealing.

I like the pose, lighting, and color scheme. This is a first year white-crowned sparrow. A gorgeous bird in any plumage. Well done…Jim