Gone To Seed

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Hiking in the late summer in Southern Wisconsin, led me to paths adorned with flowers that had matured into seed, patiently awaiting a gust of wind to carry them far and wide.

Technical Details

Shot with Canon 80D and 28-70 lens with close up filter, hand held. processed in Luminar Neo.

1 Like

I love the soft focus and the lines of the stems, Carl. The stems have a couple of brighter green areas that tend to draw my eye-particularly the one at the bottom of the frame. You might want to look at subduing them a bit.

Softness squared - the light and the seed fluff - quite lovely. I agree that there are a few bright spots on the stems that could be toned down, but I also see a lot of blue in the seed fluff that looks odd to me. Maybe it’s chromatic aberration, something you can easily correct for in Lr using the eyedropper tool in the lens correction panel. There is also some banding in the bg, which might be a result of jpeg compression. Easy fixes to a lovely image.