Goose Chase

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was watching the ducks and geese for awhile and suddenly the one in back started flapping and honking then went after the one in front, This scuffle lasted about 30 seconds. I wasn’t sure what to do about cropping the other goose on the left out, but then that would be clipping the wing. Any suggestions appreciated.

Technical Details

Fujifilm X-T3, 1/1250s, f/6.4, ISO 200, 400mm

1 Like

Hi Debbie, nice interaction you captured and I like the bird being chased looking right at us. Focus looks good throughout on the two birds and the splashing water adds intrigue. Agree having the bird in left background isn’t ideal but not am image killer IMO. Extracting it would be a challenge but the tools in Photoshop are excellent such as the remove tool.

1 Like

I like the chase scene, Debbie. I’m not sure about removing the out of focus goose. It could be done with some care but then that streak of dark water wouldn’t have any foundation, so I’m not sure it would be effective.

1 Like

I like the scene as presented and the cropping format you used. You caught the landing goose at a great moment. The third goose doesn’t bother me, it seems to add some weight to the background and I’ve been told that 3 objects in a scene is better than 2. I also like the light on the landing goose and the detail you were able to capture. Well done.

@Allen_Sparks I think I could remove the background goose and dark water behind it, but it would be a real chore. I can live with the third goose :slight_smile:

@Dennis_Plank Thanks! I appreciate the comment.

@Allen_Sparks Thank you very much!