Grackle Displaying

And Female with Nesting Material

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Yet another couple from our boat trip on the morning of February 23rd. Sorry for posting birds also fairly common in the US, but they were showing off for me.

Specific Feedback

I removed quite a few stray twigs in these two images. Let me know if you see anything that looks odd.

Technical Details

Male: Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, monopod from boat, f/9, 1/3200, iso 6400 (not sure what I was doing there except we just came out of the river to an open area). Cropped from a horizontal to 3420x4674. Taken February 23rd at 6:28 a.m.

Female: Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, monopod from boat, f/9, 1/1600, iso 2000. Cropped to 3486x4938, taken at 6:36 a.m.

Two nice images Dennis. I like the poses of each with a good look at the eye too. I don’t see anything wonky in the images in terms of twig removal. Well done.

I do like that first frame. Excellent color and the pose is great of course. I’ve photographed Great-tailed Grackles in Central America, and they always remind me a bit of the Skeksis in the Dark Crystal… sort of a demonic-looking character. These poses definitely exude a bit of that personality.

Good look at these birds. The backgrounds are really nice, especially the first one. Excellent captures.