Grass Reflection

Description:

A couple of grasses reflecting in a pond. This was early morning with a nice warm sunrise. The ripples are caused by a water bug flitting on the water. I took a ton of images to get this one with the ripples balanced against the grass.

Specific Feedback Requested:

All comments appreciated.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
No

Canon D60 (really, in 2002), 70-200mm, f/4 @ 200mm, 1/180 sec, @ f/11, ISO 100, tripod, probably a polarizer.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Great when everything comes together as it has in this image. The color and placement of the elements works beautifully. Those ripples elevate it to a higher level. Nicely done.

I really love the orange color and I like how the reflection of the top of the grass is perfectly centered in the ripple. Beautiful capture! Too bad the bug wasn’t in the frame.

@Patricia_Brundage and @Vanessa_Hill, thank you for the nice comments. Vanessa, I believe I have some shots with the bugs, but it seems a bit more mysterious without it. I’ll see if I can track down one with and post it.

1 Like