Grass waves

One of a series of Tall Grass captures.

Specific Feedback Requested

In general feedback. Did the sense of motion and warm sunny light of the late afternoon get portrayed well?
This is a small compact camera that I use when just going for a walk. It is very light. Limited by handy.

Technical Details

Nikon Coolpix A900
36 mm
1/640
F/5.6
ISO 200

3 Likes

I always find such compositions attractive. Wonderful colors. Nicely done.

1 Like

Marie,

This is wonderful. I absolutely get the sense of motion here and the light is beautiful as well.

I’m sure we’ve all passed a large field of grasses and watched the waves role and change with the wind. Capturing that sense has always been elusive for me. This catches that more than most images I’ve seen that capture this.

Well done, beautifully captured.

Lon

1 Like

Great job of being prepared and getting the shot with compact gear. Beautiful pattern and warm feeling.

1 Like

I appreciate it!

Thank you. Yes, this little compact has been a little treasure.

Pretty sweet all around and that little Nikon is more than capable of producing excellent images, especially in the hands of a person who knows how to get the best out of it. Don’t sell yourself short. This conveys softness and energy at the same time. A sort of enforced serenity that could be broken at any time by a breeze. Terrific colors, too. In fact, I could see using some color or luminosity masking to further tease apart color hues and light and shadow areas for even more contour and depth.

This is love, Marie. The colors work well together, and the grasses show the movement, yet sharp. Excellent capture.

1 Like

I appreciate it!.

I feel better about it!. Thanks

Wonderful image. You got what you wanted, and more.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Oh, this is lovely! You definitely captured that sense of motion and the colors are superb. Well done!

1 Like

Thank you!!