Grasses

A cozy path I came across in an area on our lake. A day of needed creativity, which was difficult to find at first. I was attracted by the flow of the grasses toward the blueberry bushes and the leading line of the path, color a bonus.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
70mm f/8 1/30 sec iso 100

2 Likes

I really like the textures and tones in this image. Nice! The only feedback I might give is looking at the lower left part of the image, maybe a little bit too much open space that doesn’t add enough to the grasses and bushes. Wondering if you could have changed your position in the field, or, crop a smidge to tighten up that area. Just thinking out loud. Great stuff Mario.

I really like the soft, muted colors here, Mario. The grasses are a really nice color. I see what @John_Pedersen said on the lower left corner. I think you were seeing that as a path that leads the eye up and out between the grasses and bushes. I tried a virtual crop on the left, up to the yellow grass tips and it still had that path feel to it.

As you said, colors are a bonus and set a wonderful tone and emotion.

Thank you @John_Pedersen @David_Bostock for your comments, much appreciated.

1 Like

Beautiful work Mario, I absolutely love that combination of colours!

This is a very nice scene. Beautiful light and color.
I think @John_Pedersen comment is spot on. I would crop the left 1/3 (and maybe the bottom 1/6)

Looks like a crop would benefit this image, I agree. Don’t want to lose the path so this is a conservative crop @John_Pedersen @David_Bostock @Tom_Nevesely @joaoquintela . Thanks for the suggestions/comments!

1 Like