Marsh Grass

This is really where my heart lies right now with landscape photography – more intimate scenes, edging into abstraction and trying to express depth and motion. Does this one work for you on those counts (or any other?:grin:) Considered criticism is always appreciated.

Kerry, it caught my eye in the category right away, so that speaks to its attractiveness. I like the composition. And it reminded me of nice days on the water…and really beautiful places. So I like it. I like the light, I like the movement to the right, I like the exposure and detail. In sum, I like it! There may be one slight technical issue, that people like to point out…and that would be “border-control”, ie the one piece of grass that is leading out of the frame. Doesn’t bother me really, but I suppose technically, it’s something people like to point out.

Thanks for your feedback, (@Doug_Blunt) Doug. It’s always nice to hear that an image elicits memory or feelings. As to “border patrol,” I dun did my duty. I did remove a couple of stray grasses that were coming into the frame on the right side but I decided the one you’re pointing to was going in the right direction so I left it. If I get too many complaints, it would be easy enough to remove.

I was going to mention this and then read it. I think it would be better with it cloned out.

@Doug_Blunt @Igor_Doncov Easily done. Thanks to you both for your feedback.